- As a source of data for operational performance optimisation, payment card transactions remain largely untapped. This is mainly because card transaction data stores have been optimised for online transaction processing rather than for online analytical purposes.
- PSA transforms vast and ever-increasing quantities of raw payment card transaction data into easily managed multi-dimensional structures containing pre-processed outcomes.
- Each analytical structure is delivered as a middleware platform that allows any business connected to card transactions (credit or debit, consumer or commercial) to gain insights from their data.
- Entities in the payment card ecosystem that can achieve operational improvements include: issuing banks, acquirers, co-branded card partners and merchants.
- PSA platforms can be accessed by novices, power-users, managers and analysts using familiar tools such as Excel, Tableau, SPSS, SAS or Microstrategy.